Johor Port Authority (JPA) is one of the agencies under the Ministry of Transport, Malaysia that is committed with initiatives related to sustainability, energy efficiency and green technology. JPA is therefore supporting the government’s efforts to reduce GHG emissions by 2030. The initiatives undertaken by JPA encompass various aspects such as incorporation of Green Building Designs elements, having a renewable energy technology as secondary source and using LED lights. On top of these initiatives, JPA keeps on striving to find ways to further improve their building performance especially in the area of energy efficiency.
The office building of Johor Port Authority is a well sustained building with the current Building Energy Index (BEI) (2022) of 63.9 kWh/m2/year compared to BEI (2016) of 92.44 kWh/m2/year. With 13,954.1 square meters floor area, Johor Port Authority (JPA) has been actively initiating activities to sustain and improve energy efficiency. These activities are including solar PV installation (138 kWp), replacement of T5(24W) to FL T5 LED(9W), de-lamping and reducing air conditioning operation.
JPA had received many awards and certificates in sustainability and energy savings as below:
- 4 star rating PHJKR (2021)
- 1 star Energy Management Gold Standard, AEMAS (2021)
- GreenPass operation (Low Carbon Building Assessment) in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- the 1st Runner Up of the Tropical Building Category under Energy Efficient Building of the ASEAN Energy Efficiency and Conservation – Best Practices Awards 2022
- 5 star National Building Energy Label (2022)