The Republic of Lebanon High Council for Privatization and PPP (HCP) established the International Center of Excellence in Pubic Private Partnership for Ports (ICE4P) in cooperation with the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE). This initiative falls under the U.N.’s wider effort to help realize the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) that were agreed by its member states, and in particular Goal No. 17, which relates to Partnerships.
ICE4P will act as a reference point for a wide array of stakeholders who are seeking to learn more about PPP in the Ports industry. Its scope of work is generally as follows:
- Conduct research to identify PPP best practice models in the ports sector;
- Maintain a digital database and library of PPP port projects in the world;
- Develop international PPP standards for ports based on analytical research;
- Organize, host and fund international workshops, training programs, seminars and webinars on PPP for ports;
- Publish, and disseminate globally, information on PPP for ports; and
- Provide assistance to governments and private sector companies regarding PPP for ports.