The book Dredging for Sustainable Infrastructure gives state-of-the-art guidance on how to design, implement, and manage a water infrastructure project with a dredging component to project owners, regulators, consultants, designers and contractors. The present insights result from a wealth of up-to-date knowledge pooled by a team of scientists and practicing industry experts. The publication’s information has been moderated by an Editorial Board comprised of CEntral DredgingAssociation(CEDA) and International Association of Dredging Companies (IADC) representatives.
The book aims to provide answers to the following questions:
- What is the role of dredging in the global drive for more sustainable development?
- How can we design more sustainable infrastructure that aligns with the natural and socio-economic system?
- How can we assess and stimulate the potential positive effects of infrastructure development and compare these with the potential negative effects?
- What equipment and which sediment management options do we have?
- What tools and information do we have to make choices and control the project?